Upcoming Events at the Comic Bug!
Tim Heiderich is Misunderstanding Comics
You won’t understand comics until you misunderstand them!
We turn a jaundiced eye toward all that is wrong with the “invisible art”. Every innovative idea that still shuffles along past its much-deserved death, every awful web comic that still manages to rack up a million page views with recycled Star Wars jokes, the once great artists and writers who have become caricatures of their former selves, and the new talent ready to discover bold new ways to sell out.
- The History of Comics – Why comics and “fine” art ain’t so different.
- Misunderstanding Art – Why your skill and talent are holding you back.
- How to Misunderstand Characters – How to create compelling characters, or do you even need to?
- Storytelling – We distill ideas from the top names in comics, reducing a lifetime of innovation to a punchline.
- Web Comics & Self-Publishing – When no one else will print your comic about prohibition-era anthropomorphic cats.
- Manga & Everything Wrong with Japan – It’s not all school girl uniforms and tentacle rape. Just most of it.
- Intellectual Comics – Feign intellectualism with bigger words and smaller fonts.
- Comic Book Collectors & Other Fanboys – The people who pay your salary and how to exploit them.
- Making Good Money with Bad Ideas – Take this book, for example.
About the authors:
Tim Heiderich is a writer and longtime fan of comic books and comic art, both good and bad. Misunderstanding Comics is co-written and illustrated by Mike Rosen, the writer/illustrator behind the satirical adaptation of The Malleus Maleficarum: the Medieval Guide to Hunting Witches.